"OUR FAMILIES" - A Genially project

I decided to let my students organize their own groups because they would make a project about their shared knowledge, so this way they can have more common things to talk about.

Stages:
  1. The topic chosen is “Our Families", since it matches the speaking and writing topic of the current unit I’m covering in my 2nd ESO class.
  2. Students are grouped freely.
  3. We watch the introductory presentation on Genially. Notice there is a rubric on the last page of the presentation, where different aspects are covered (pronunciation, grammar and vocab points, etc). There is also a final section where they will ask their classmates about how much they understood: https://view.genial.ly/662e1c5fa5b558001597823d/presentation-project-our-families
  4. Students start working on their projects, with computers in class, being monitored by myself. They will show me their drafts and I will help them with necessary corrections.
  5. After 2-3 days of work, students present their projects, and they are finally assessed following the rubric.
I think this deviation from the traditional focus will be extremely positive for my students. I will be assessing this whole unit through this project, rather than the usual written tests.

At this point, students are still working on their projects so I can’t give you a final conclusion yet. I’m uploading the task due to a matter of time so that I don’t skip the deadline!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Reflecting on Reading

TimeToast: A History of the Beatles

Phrasal Verbs